These reforms are being sent around online. Â If Egyptians youth can begin an uprising using Facebook and Twitter under Mubarak, we should be able to make these changes under Obama.
1. Term Limits.â€¨Â 12 years only, one of the possible options below..â€¨Â A. Two Six-year Senate termsâ€¨Â B.. Six Two-year House termsâ€¨Â C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension.â€¨Â A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no payâ€¨Â when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.â€¨Â All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Socialâ€¨Â Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Socialâ€¨Â Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all AmericansÂ â€¨Â do.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressionalâ€¨Â pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates inâ€¨Â the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the AmericanÂ â€¨Â people.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effectiveÂ â€¨Â 1/1/11.â€¨Â â€¨Â The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen.â€¨Â Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.â€¨Â â€¨Â Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathersâ€¨Â envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s),â€¨Â then go home and back to work.â€¨Â â€¨Â If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will onlyâ€¨Â take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message.â€¨Â Maybe it is time.
Congressional reform act- if you agree-please Keep this going… The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) tookâ€¨Â only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The peopleâ€¨Â demanded it. That was in 1971…before computers, before e-mail,â€¨Â before cell phones, etc.â€¨Â â€¨Â Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year orâ€¨Â less to become the law of the land…all because of public pressure.â€¨Â â€¨Â I’m asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twentyâ€¨Â people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to doâ€¨Â likewise.â€¨Â â€¨Â In three days, most people in The United States of America will haveâ€¨Â the message.
THIS IS HOW SOME OF OUR ACUTE PROBLEMS COULD BE ELIMINATED.